Earth Ethics Institute
Miami Dade College
Home Students Faculty & Staff Community EDUCATION Greening the College Organic Gardens services Resources


 

 
 
 
 

Cell Phone Recycling

 


The Earth Ethics Institute works in partnership with GRC Recycling in order to recycle old cell phones. All phones are accepted, even old or damaged. The whole recycling process, from the paperwork to the refinery, meets the policies of the EPA's Guidelines for Material Management and Basel Action Network. Approximately 60% of the cell phones collected are resold to countries in need, while the other 40% are recycled for their materials.

How to Donate
If you have a cell phone that is no longer in use*, please bring or send it in to the Earth Ethics Institute Office at:

Miami Dade College, Wolfson Campus
300 NE 2nd Avenue, Room 3506-11
Miami FL, 33132

Usually someone is available from the hours of 8 am - 4:30 pm to accept phones. Or they can be put in the Earth Ethics Institute Mail box.

Call 305-237-7119 or 305-237-3796 for more information

*For protection purposes, please make sure that all information on the cell phones are erased and all memory cards and SIM cards are removed. Also, remove the battery from the phone to prevent leakage.

 

 Chandra links pulsar to historic supernova 

 

Earth Ethics Institute • An Earth Literacy Resource Center Serving MDC Administrators, Faculty, Staff,  and Students, as well as the South Florida Community
Miami Dade College
300 N.E. 2nd Avenue, Room 3506-11, Miami, FL 33132-2204 t: 305-237-3796 • f: 305-237-7724